A simple and fun way to set up games of Warhammer 40,000, Open War cards take all the indecision and doubt away and let you get on with your gaming. A deck of 51 cards split into five types, they help you determine the deployment, objectives and special rules for open play games. Included:
– 12x deployment cards: Twelve different styles of player deployment
– 9x objectives cards: Nine different objectives for winning the game
– 18x twist cards: Eighteen different special rules that can be used to add a special factor to the game, such as acid rain, orbital debris and fighting in the dead of night
– 6x ruse cards: Six different cards that can be used to glean an advantage, such as ambushing or digging in – used to counter a higher Power Rating
– 6x sudden death cards: Six different cards that provide different ways to win if you are significantly outnumbered – if your enemy has a Power Rating at least twice that of your own, you get a secret advantage to use as you wish!
If you use every type of card, that’s well over 60,000 combinations – a huge amount of variety! The cards are presented with an instruction booklet, and feature artwork on the reverse.